Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005...2006

2005. It’s such a swift ride. I couldn’t even believe 2005 was here on Jan 1st. And look where we are now. Another year has passed…

January got off slowly. Went to Kluang and had dirty fun. March was Founders Day. Uh, what did I do on that day? I really can’t remember now. In fact now my memories of NCC have been smudged. Though I do remember I got to wear the No. 1 for National Day this year! Fitting finale for my NCC life. March saw Mdm LX, YY, Jarvin and Melvin and I join the whole group of students and teachers for the MOE Sino-Singapore Exchange programme. Honoured and delighted to have been able to participate in it. Forged new friendships and experienced Beijing once more! Familiar, yet different from the Beijing I visited in 1999. First pic below is jialefu, where we went for late night shopping. Haha = ]
Then with May came the Mid-years. I must admit these 2 years I have been doing terribly under par academically. Mid-years were no different. EOYs we
re a little better though, as I managed to pull through and achieve 37 out of a total possible 45 points. Not bad considering how I flunked tests and papers, but could be better. As always, stand by the school motto “The Best Is Yet To Be”. Uh, heh. June flew by, nothing notable during the holidays. July, 2nd semester, back to school. ACS (Ind) arts fest was here again. Watched “The Birds”. Committed rash planning error the day before, resulting in a missed appointment. Disappointed. In July the Astronomy Club organised a meteor-shower gazing sleepover, which we rendered fairly successful. Though the skies were somewhat cloudy, we had fun just being together, and catching the occasional shooting star. It’s one of the many activities I helped to organise as Astronomy Club president. The year ended with us Higher Chinese students sitting for the O level exam. Preceding this I attended special classes with Nick, which miraculously helped me. Hopefully I’ll be able to take French next year.

So here I am, looking back at the past year. So many events have occurred, so many experiences I have gone through. I can’t possibly recap everything, for it is beyond my humanly powers. But I do remember its one huge roller coaster of emotions and feelings for me. Never had there been such a year like this. Part of the grand scheme of things I suppose. One of my major lessons was friendship. This year I really learnt a lot about this. Forged, made or broken, at least I managed to gain stuff from it. And especially this hols, meeting up with my best friends Simon and Yuxuan, and Kern Cheh, really made me realise how true friendships can last through many years and still be unchanged. Really miss my friends from ATS. Absence makes the heart grow fonder never made so much sense previously. Though of course, I’m treasuring time with my ACS friends. Oh and, haha, another thing I learnt this year is that gays are very much real people too and deserve to be treated so (Even if they behave differently).

It’s time to move on, time for me to start waking up to cold hard reality, to 2006, to tertiary education, to the International Baccalaureate, to friends old and new…and most importantly, to another fresh beginning, a new chapter in life.

This is it. 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter