Sunday, December 25, 2005

Land of the Lala...

I hate it man. I just hate it how the game is luring me in. Like a fish lured by bait to a terrible end. Sliced and diced and chopped and garnished and eaten inside out. I hate that feeling. And I attribute it to the media. No connection right? Not quite. Just think, how much we're exposed to the media with our culture. Pop culture. I <3 you, you <3 me, love is everywhere in the media. Nowadays it gets worse, going beyond kissing. I won't go into details, but you know what I mean. Its too much. Ok so its not like we've been in a cave and suddenly get bombarded by such trash. Its all around us everyday, 24/7. No running away from it unless you live under a rock/in a cave. The media compounds those issues. And makes them all rosy and nice too. TV land is, more often than not, filled with happy endings that follow every downfall or unhappy bump in the road. Which girl wants to be left on the shelf at the end of the day, which good looking guy doesn't want a nice girl...all these are for people to fantasize and dream about. Reality is very much gloomier. The media is a good source of entertainment, but the issue arises when it goes beyond being entertainment. When people get misled, to think everything is all nice like in TV land, and they fail to take note of the fact that imperfect people actually exist.

My whole issue about the media isn't really what they release , but rather, exercising one's control. Well yes I recognise that's more of my problem...so I guess no point continuing this rant for the whole world to see. Thank you for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter