Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Aftermath

It wasn't a near miss. It was a head on. The preparations were clearly insufficient in minimising it's destruction. It began at 8am. The first debris came crashing. It landed on dry land, insignificant damage. Then most of the asteroid arrived half past nine. The gravity broke them into numerous sizes. By now the face of the planet was changed forever. Scars everywhere, the worst was not over. A little more time will tell if the inhabitants are meant to live, and if the planet will change its path. But they could have been spared, had more precautions been put into place. There's much regret and guilt, but I'm afraid it's too late now...

Truth be told I’ve tried my best
But somewhere along the way
I got caught up in all there was to offer
And the cost was so much more than I could bear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter