Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Asteroid SOYE

As I’am writing this, I’m being gripped by terrible feelings, guilt, fear, anxiety, despair...

There’s the asteroid and there’s me. Some time ago preparations went underway to guard against this gargantuan chunk of space matter, and the preparations have long been over. Now, it is only a matter of hours of the asteroid’s encounter. Will it be a near miss, allowing me to orbit on as charted out? Or would it be a collision? The latter has 2 implications. 1, I’ll be thrown off orbit, and be forced to take an alternative route. Or, I’ll be broken apart, destroyed, shattered, inexistent, no more path to chart. There is nothing I can do against it. Hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second, that bright star in the sky grows brighter and brighter, shimmering like a pearl on a dark seabed. But I know, this short-lived awe and joy after the preparations has to end. But so soon? Not something I foresaw nor had any say in. It’s on it’s way now, drawing closer to me. All I can do I pray that I live through it unscathed.

Guilt, fear, anxiety, despair...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter